Rutgers students who suspect they may have the following conditions and may need documentation for academic accommodations for:
- Learning Disabilities
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)/Concussion/Post-Concussion Syndrome
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Other Neurological Disorders
- Psychological Concerns (e.g., anxiety or depression, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder)
Rutgers students who have not previously undergone testing and received an official diagnosis from a licensed professional should fill out the GSAPP Evaluation Form to schedule an appointment for an initial evaluation session. This first appointment will collect broad information about a student's experiences, which will be used to determine what further testing is needed and if the student may meet criteria for a specific diagnosis. Official diagnoses cannot be given through the first session alone.
Rutgers students who have previously been tested and received an official diagnosis from a licensed professional but require updated documentation should also fill out the GSAPP Evaluation Form to schedule an appointment for full testing.
Discounted Pricing for Rutgers Students (Without Rutgers Student Health Insurance Plan)
- Cognitive/Psychoeducational Evaluation (Learning Disability and ADHD) - $450
- Neuropsychological Evaluation (TBI, Concussion, other neurological disorders) - $750
Pricing for Rutgers Students (With Rutgers Student Health Insurance Plan)*
- Cognitive/Psychoeducational Evaluation (Learning Disability and ADHD) - $0 fee for student
- Neuropsychological Evaluation (TBI, Concussion, other neurological disorders) - $0 fee for student
*Rutgers students, who have the Student Health Insurance Plan with United Healthcare Student Resources sponsored by Rutgers University, will have no co-pay, no coinsurance nor any deductibles for any services that are offered at the Psychological Services Clinic.
Additional information about services that are offered can be obtained by calling the GSAPP Psychological Services Clinic at (848) 445-6111. The Rutgers Psychological Services Clinic is located within the Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology (GSAPP) in the Psychology Building located on the Rutgers New Brunswick- Busch Campus.
The assessment program is funded in part by the Office of the Chancellor-New Brunswick and the Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology in conjunction with support from the Counseling, Alcohol & Other Drug Assistance Program and Psychiatric Services (CAPS)