Accessible Transportation and Parking Services
Accessible Transportation Services at Rutgers:
The Department of Transportation Services (DOTS) at Rutgers provides a comprehensive transit system which serves all destinations on the New Brunswick/Piscataway campuses. All of our campus buses are equipped to handle individuals with mobility impairments and have low entrance steps and/or mechanical platforms for wheelchair accessibility.
- For students who require accessible transportation who cannot utilize the typical campus bus service for a particular reason due to a temporary or permanent disability, Rutgers offers a paratransit van. To be considered for this additional van service, students must complete the Transportation Request Form.
- Student's will need to ask their physicial or medical provider to submit the Certification of Medical Need.
- The student will receive provisional van services for two weeks pending the receipt of the Certification of Medical Need from their physician.
- It is the student's responsibility to ensure that their physician completes and submits the Certification of Medical Need form to allow for continuous transportation after the provisional two week period.
- Upon receipt of Certification of Medical Need form and satisfactory review, the coordinator of the van service will contact the student to discuss continued transportation needs and make appropriate arrangements.
- For full details on eligibility, policies and procedures for the Rutger's University Paratransit Van Services go to their online manual.
Accessible Parking at Rutgers:
- All patrons (students, faculty, staff, visitor, vendor) who require accessible parking either temporary or pemanent, to park in university parking areas must obtain a valid Rutgers parking permit. The parking permit you will receive and the respective fee is determined by:
- Your affiliation – i.e. student, faculty, staff, visitor, vendor
- Your time spent on campus – i.e. commuter, resident, night commuter, temporary employee, faculty/staff
Patrons with permanent disabilities must present a copy (front and back) of a state issued Permanently Disabled ID and placard to the Rutgers Department of Transportation Services. A valid Rutgers parking permit is required in addition to the state placard.
Patrons with temporary disabilities must present a copy (front and back) of a state issued Temporary Disabled ID to the Rutgers Department of Transportation Services. Disability parking privileges will coincide with the expiration date of the placard OR the treating physician must submit a Certification for Medical Need Form to continue past the expiration date. A valid Rutgers parking permit is required in addition to the state placard.
- For patrons that do not have a permanent or temporary state issued placard, they must:
The Department of Transportation Services is located at:
55 Commercial Avenue, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Bus Dispatch: 732-932-7817
Main web site: http://rudots.rutgers.edu/
Cashier and General
Monday - Friday
8:30AM - 5:00PM
September & Holiday
Hours May Vary
If you have further questions regarding accessible transportation services or accessible parking, contact Clarence Shive in the Office of Disabilty Services, 848-445-4420.