Final Exam Info and Tips from ODS
During final exam days our main office will be open 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM, and the exam office will be open 7:30 AM - 11:00 PM. You can reach us by phone at 848-445-4477 (exam office) or 848-445-6800 (main office) .
Check our Twitter page - www.twitter.com/RutgersODS - for urgent announcements.
Here are some helpful hints to help you prepare for finals:
- Read your Exam Notices - Be sure to read your exam notices from our office very carefully, and in their entirety. If you have any questions or concerns, contact our office immediately.
- Double check your exam schedule - Make sure you know where and when each exam is being given. It is important to note that exams are proctored across all of the New Brunswick campuses.
- Check the bus schedule - Buses run on different schedules during exam days. Plan ahead so that you can get to your exam on time.
- Deactivate your social media for the exam period - It is most distracting among college students, and you will be amazed how much you can study when it is off!
- Be selfish - This is the time to focus on you! Study, take breaks, eat right, get some sleep, and exercise. Healthy habits really do help with studying!
Finals Prep Workshops & Drop-in Coaching
Event Location: Learning Centers
The end of the semester is approaching! You're in luck though. The Learning Centers will be providing Finals Prep Workshops all week from December 12th through December 15th. Learn how to prepare, organize, and study for your finals. Don't miss out and make sure to come attend a group workshop facilitated by an Academic Coach or sign up online to schedule coaching hours at any of our locations. Our coaches will help prepare a study plan with you and provide useful tips for preparing for those upcoming final exams! They will also go over a few key study strategies that can be beneficial for any major courses. Please view our flyer here and don't forget to register here if you plan to attend one of the workshops!
Workshops (Open to all students):
*Please note that once you register, you are expected to attend.
12/13 6:00-7:00pm Academic Bldg. Collaborative Room 1150AB College Avenue Campus Register here
12/14 3:30-4:30pm Tillett 111 Livingston Campus Register here
12/15 5:00-6:00pm Academic Bldg. 1150AB College Avenue Campus Register here
Make an appointment anytime on our website to receive individualized coaching on finals preparation or other study strategies!
For further information, please contact Lucille Lu, firstname.lastname@example.org
Managing Test Anxiety
When you sit for your exam, consider these tips for managing test anxiety:
- Remember that the anxiety is based on a fear about the outcome and not the test itself.
- Anticipate the anxiety and then approach it head-on.
- Ask yourself:
- What is the evidence that I should worry?
- Is this anxiety keeping me from obtaining my goal?
- Encourage yourself to use breathing techniques and promote rational, positive thinking.
Good luck on your finals, and have a great break!